Friday, January 16, 2009

 
Back when I was younger it was always my ambition to complete the 92 grounds that make up, or used to make up, the English football league. I even decided the 92nd ground would be Blackpool when they played Bolton. See, I've always been a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to football.

Much has changed since then. Clubs have moved to new stadiums, going to a game requires military precision planning and even the leagues have changed their name.

I never made the 92. I left the country. And now I'm living in the tropics with too much time on my hands and plenty of inspiration.

I have two other blogs relating to South East Asian football. Jakarta Casual is an overview of the game in the region focussing on Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia. Asian Football Pictures is about cross dressing sheep in Palmerston North.

And this? This will be purely about the stadiums. How to get to them, what they're like inside, who plays there along with pictures and souvenirs and odds n sods. All very anoraky I'm sure but never mind eh?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]